Marriage is designed by God to be a parable of his awesome love for his people. That’s why we take marriage and preparation for marriage so seriously at Grace. We want you to experience the profound joy that comes from a God-centered marriage and want to do everything we can to make this process as easy as possible.
Steps for Planning Your Wedding at Grace
- Members, regular attenders, and their children are eligible to hold a wedding and/or reception here at Grace.
- Because our goal is to provide wedding services in the support of a caring community of believers at Grace Community, both you and your fiancé (fiancée) must be members or faithful regular attendees of Grace for at least six months prior to your marriage request.
- Both must be Biblical born-again Christians (John 3:3-7).
- Both must receive premarital counseling with one of our Pastors/Elders or someone they designate. This will consist of 6-8 weekly sessions, as part of a class or individually with a Pastor/Elder.
- We believe, according to God’s Word, that God has laid out certain ground rules concerning what is and what is not proper concerning the living arrangements of couples (see 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 and 7:1-9). We believe that in a “love relationship,” only the marriage covenant permits a man and a woman to live together (Hebrews 13:4). If you are living together, you must find separate living arrangements before inquiring about getting married.
- If this is a second marriage for either person, the reason for the breakup of the first marriage must meet the criteria the Bible gives for dissolving a marriage. You can view this information here.
Fill Out Request Form:
To request a wedding at Grace, you will need to submit a Wedding Reservation Form to our church office.
Your request will be received by Judy Bieker, our Secretary of Office Administration. After your Reservation Request has been approved, she will assist you with your next steps and connect you to one of our wedding coordinators.
All wedding applications must be completed and returned to the church office with the deposit of $100.00. If you need to mail it, please send to the following address:
Grace Community Church
Attn: Judy Bieker
2707 Dubuque St. NE
North Liberty, IA 52317
Please allow up to 10 business days for a response from the church office.
* Your reservation will not be considered active until your deposit has been received.
We will do all we can to honor your request, but due to constraints on the facility and pastoral schedules, alternatives may be requested.
Please allow 4 months from application to the wedding to allow sufficient time to take the pre-marital class.
Preparing for Marriage Pre-Marital Class
We offer a 6-session class designed to help engaged couples prepare for the commitment of marriage. Topics include …
- The purpose of marriage
- The roles of men and women in marriage
- Conflict resolution
Completing this course is a requirement for getting married here. If you have any questions, please contact our Pastor of Family Ministries, Dave Kirk.
Still Have Questions?
Here is a resource to help you: