|Marriage Mentor PartnersTHE PURPOSE OF MARRIAGE MENTOR PARTNERSHIPSThe purpose of this ministry is to provide engaged couples with the relational discipleship necessary to help them get their marriage started on a strong foundation in Christ.
THE STRATEGY OF MARRIAGE MENTOR PARTNERSHIPS
The two-step strategy of Marriage Mentor Partnerships involves pre-wedding and a full year of post-wedding mentoring done by a Godly couple who are mature in their faith in Christ and in their marriage.
THE BIBLICAL MANDATE
Titus 2:1-15, I Peter 3:1-7, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts.2: 42-47
The Pre-Wedding Mentoring Partnership is geared to help you as an engaged couple with the application of the information you will gather during the Premarital Counseling Course. Here is what you can expect from the Pre-Wedding aspect of your Marriage Mentor Partnership:
- During the Premarital Counseling Course you will be matched with a married couple who is mature in their faith in Christ and in their marriage.
- You will meet regularly with your Mentors to go over and apply the information gained from the Course, guiding you to your wedding day.
- Your Mentor Couple will focus on your spiritual life as a couple as well as the practical “how to’s” of marriage.
The Post-Wedding Mentoring Partnership will be for a period of one year. At the end of that year the newlywed couple and the mentoring couple can determine whether or not to continue. Here is what you can expect from the Post-Wedding aspect of your Marriage Mentor Partnership.
- Your Mentor Couple will touch base with you twice a month for prayer, equipping, “tweaking”, and encouragement for your new marriage.
- Your Mentor Couple will be your accountability in the areas of Biblical manhood and womanhood to make sure you are “getting it” as a newlywed couple and growing strong.
QUALIFICATIONS OF MARRIAGE MENTORS
What Can you Expect From Your Mentor Couple?
- A maturity in Christ evidenced by Godly living and counsel.
- A couple happily married at least 7 years who demonstrate a Christ honoring marriage.
- Ongoing training and practical experience as a mentor.
“Without counsel plans fail but with many advisers they succeed.” Proverbs 15:22