What is a Grace Community Church Faith Family?
- Grace Community Church Faith Families are basic Christian communities that provide an opportunity for intimacy, mutual support, practical love and service, learning about faith and prayer, and sharing of what we see God doing in our midst.
- Faith Families meet in individual homes on a regular basis and generally consist of eight (8) to twelve (12) people.
What is the Purpose of a Faith Family?
- It is a place to meet and experience Jesus Christ in our midst.
A forum where Christ can minister to us and through us so that people are cared for and encouraged to lead God pleasing lives (being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ).
A forum where Christ can transform and change our lives as individuals, as companions, as small communities, and through us, the larger communities of which we are a part (corporate church, neighborhoods, school, work place, etc.).
- It is a place for fellowship and friendship.
Fellowship is defined as seeking to share with others what God has made known to you while letting others share with you what God has made known to them as a means of finding strength, refreshment, and instruction for one’s own soul.
To worship with one another, to encourage one another, to accept one another, to rejoice and weep with one another, to correct, instruct, and build up one another, to serve one another, to love one another.
- It is a place where spiritual gifts are exercised.
Spiritual gifts are discovered and exercised within the group as Christ is experienced and as we have fellowship one with another.
Spiritual gifts are then applied in the local church as a whole to serve and strengthen the local body of Christ.
- It is a place for discipleship and evangelism.
Believers are edified, strengthened, built-up, and matured through application of Biblical principles to their daily lives.
Ways of sharing our faith are discussed, the lost are prayed for, and the power of the Holy Spirit is sought after.
- Faith Families support spiritual transformation.
Participation in small groups (Faith Families) is a key element of spiritual transformation.